Saturday, March 12, 2011

What a day!

Had a fantastic day at Piedmont Road for their annual youth rally. This is their ninth year and they really do a great job with it. I got to hear Chuck Webster speak twice as the keynote speaker and he did a really nice job. I remember Chuck from Freed-Hardeman while I was there back in 1988-1992. The singing was uplifting and all in all it was a special way to spend a beautiful Saturday.
My topic was about temptation and I was grateful for the opportunity to study a subject I don't really study that much. God is with us at all times. God is not everywhere at once, he is everywhere. He wees us when we face temptation and he is with us when we give in or when we are able to withstand the snares of the devil. He will not tempt us but he will allow us to be tempted. Temptation is essential for the Christian. We cannot avoid it completely and when we face it and overcome it, we have a new strength that will allow us to become stronger than we were before.
I may start a little mini-series on temptation for future posts.
Have a great Sunday and be sure to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment